You are here
- Questions to Ask Suppliers
Questions to Ask Natural Gas Suppliers
Here's a list of potential questions that may arise as you consider a competitive supplier.
- Is the natural gas supplier (NGS) licensed by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PA PUC)?
- What is the NGS’s price to compare, and how long is that price effective?
- Are all taxes included in the supplier's price?
- What is the price per Ccf/Mcf/Dth?
- Is the price fixed or variable? Is there a limit to how high or low the variable rate can go?
- Is there an introductory rate? If yes, how long does it last?
- If the NGS offers an introductory rate, what will the price be at the end of the introductory period? Will it be able to provide the rate in advance of the service being used?
- Can the NGS provide historic pricing information (e.g., its average price over the last year)?
- Will the NGS provide its rate at the beginning of the month? If my rate changes consistent with my contract, will I be notified of rate changes?
- What is the length of the agreement? Can my price change in that time? If so, when can it change, and how will I be notified?
- Will I receive a notice before my contract expires? What happens when my contract expires?
- Is there a cancellation fee or any penalty for switching suppliers before my contract expires?
- Is there a monthly service fee to change suppliers?
- What steps must I take to switch suppliers?
- Is there a bonus or any customer incentives for signing up?
- Are there any special add-on services?
- Who provides billing, and will I receive one or two bills?
- Does the supplier offer a budget billing plan?
- Will I still get service from the supplier if I have an outstanding balance or bad payment history?